Friday, October 23, 2009

Go Tell It On the Twitter (or Facebook, or Myspace, or....)

I like social networking sites.  Truly, they are a fun way to waste time keep in touch with friends and stalk catch up with strangers acquaintances I haven't met seen in years.  I also use them to occasionally tell about my faith in Jesus, or to encourage others in theirs, but I don't think they are the best way.  Don't get me wrong, ANY way of getting the Good News to the world is good, but... well...I wonder how Twitter would have looked in Jesus time had the disciples had Twitter when Jesus rose from the dead?


VeryMary Who moved the body!?! Come on folks, this isn't funny. Things are gonna get smelly real soon.  


RockyPete @VeryMary what body? 


VeryMary @RockyPete stop it.  You know what body. Where did you guys take it? @LovedJohn I'm gonna smack you if you're playing with me.


RockyPete @VeryMary @LovedJohn Hey, wasn't me. Honest. I know nothing! 


VeryMary @RockyPete @LovedJohn well he's not here.  Someone rolled the stone and moved #Jesus. 


RockyPete @LovedJohn she's playing us. 


RockyPete @VeryMary go ask around and see if anyone knows anything. Gotta be some Roman guards there or something.  


ThomasNot @RockyPete where is she?


RockyPete @ThomasNot #Jesus tomb.  Some crackpot moved his body.  How sick is that? 


ThomasNot @RockyPete @LovedJohn you guys got any coffee over there?


LovedJohn @ThomasNot sorry, man.  Just tea today. 


ThomasNot rats.


AndrewDice @ThomasNot got plenty of THOSE here.


ThomasNot ew!


Opportunityknocks RAISE CAMELS AND MAKE MILLIONS OF SHEKELS FROM HOME! LEARN HOW!!  http://bit.ly/1jiSrjh1kh 


VeryMary Ok the gardener just told me #Jesus is alive and walked out of the tomb. What a nut. 


ThomasNot We should have put a bell around #Jesus neck.  


LovedJohn @ThomasNot were you raised in a barn?


ThomasNot @LovedJohn, uhm... yes. You were too, jerk. 


VeryMary OMG  THE GARDENER WAS AN #ANGEL #JESUS IS ALIVE!!!! HE REALLY IS ALIVE!!! GARDENER WAS #ANGEL, #JESUS ENROUTE TO YOU GUYS!!!


ShortySatan @EveryOne ah, crap.  Here we go with this now. 


RockyPete @VeryMary Riiiiiight.  Okie dokie. Mmmm hmmm.  Yeah.... okay then. That's not funny, but ok. 


RockyPete @LovedJohn I think I'm gonna need some help with @VeryMary when she gets back. 


VeryMary I'm SERIOUS!!! #JESUS IS ALIVE!!!! HE'S RISEN FROM THE GRAVE!!! @RockyPete you've GOT to believe me!!!


ShortySatan @EveryOne @VeryMary is crazy.  No one comes back from the dead. 


RockyPete @VeryMary whatever.  I'll believe it when I see it for myself. 


Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, all these social networking sites are great fun, and I do encourage Christians to speak their minds about their faith and to use these networks to help spread the Good News that Jesus Christ came into this world to save us all and redeem us to eternal life with God.  Be honest about your faith, and tell it like it is.  Twitter and others are a great way to get #Jesus name and the message out there. 


But never forget, there is no substitute for face to face contact and actually seeing and speaking to people about Jesus. There is no substitute for living a life so that others can see Christ iN our actions and our speech. If we're going to Twitter and Facebook about our faith, we have to live a life to back up our claims.  There is no substitute for real life. Christianity is more caught than taught. 


After all, ANYONE CAN TYPE IN CAPS AND MAKE SOMETHING SOUND IMPORTANT!!


Opportunityknocks IF YOU DON'T LIKE CAMELS, TRY SHEEP!! RAISE SHEEP FROM HOME!! BECOME A SHEPHERD IN YOUR SPARE TIME!!!  MAKE MILLIONS!!!  http://bit.ly/1jiSrjh1kh 




No comments: